Saturday, June 29, 2013

First Operation Military Shower a success!

As most of you know the first "Operation Military Shower" @ Shaw Air Force Base/3rd Army Headquarters kicked off Friday June 28th at the Palmetto Chapel Annex on the Shaw side of the base. It went amazing! Alot of hard work went into it not just by me but , Michelle Vance, lead childbirth educator for the base. As well as one of my fellow pregos who is also active duty with her husband deployed. Thank you , Jessica! We had 9 moms-to-be and 3 new moms with babies present. It was amazing! 3 were unable to make it but will receive their gifts at another time.
 My husband, Maj. Richard Revel, from 3rd Army kicked off the event and had ,Chaplain Maj. Mateer, speak with some amazing heartfelt advice for these moms- to- be. Than we had the privledge of having City Council Woman, Ione Dwyer, give some very great words of advice for these ladies. I was even called"Oprah," at one point in her talk! We had some amazing food catered by non other than ,Chef Jeff Dennis, himself bring some of his amazing southern cuisine from Simply Southern Bistro along with his mother, Gail. We dined on dessert from , Gravy, also local here in Sumter. That chocolate mouse was amazing. The only reason I stopped at 3 is because they WERE the last three. Edible Arrangements put together 4 centerpieces that were the freshest fruit I have had in a long time! Nan's flowers put together 2 beautiful arrangements for the shower that were raffled off at the end. The whole event was photographed by the amazing Connie Wilson Photography. At the last minute, Connie, was more than delighted to take the time to do this event for me. Her work is simply amazing, she even raffled off a session for one very lucky mom-to-be. I also had product displays set up of my amazing sponsors and deffinitly showcased the amazing products that were donated from the very generous companies from around the world! The moms would have no access to these quality products if it weren't for you! They were very greatful for all the gifts and I guarantee they will never forget this event. I had a full table of raffle prizes as well. Columbia's News 19 WLTX also covered the event. I will post a link as soon as I get it! I am also posting a few pics of the night I set up, much more photos to come. Thank you again to everyone that had a part in this event! It was amazing! As you all know please let me know when you have any names of women who meet the criteria and I will put together a package for them on an individual basis as long as I have sufficient donations! My e-mail is operationmilitaryshower@gmail.com.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for all of your hard work! And thank you to all fo the incredible sponsors, as well!!! We were featured on Shaw's website and in the Shaw News and The Item. Below are the links for our story. This shower was just another part of our amazing pregnancy adventure. So thank you so much for inviting us to participate!
    Part I: http://www.shaw.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123333244
    Part II: http://www.shaw.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123352017

    ReplyDelete